Water Emergency

What should I do in case of a water emergency?

Columbia Ditch

The TUD District service staff is here to help you with any water emergencies. Call TUD 24–hours a day, seven days a week at (209) 532-5536 to respond to water and sewer emergencies.

If it is after normal business hours, our answering service will notify our staff and we will get back to you shortly.

Is Your Family Prepared for an Emergency?

Get prepared today! Click on the following links and information to better prepare you and your family for an emergency situation:

Food & Water in an Emergency(Courtesy of FEMA and the Red Cross)
Get Ready-FEMA

Water Pipe Burst Emergency 

If a water pipe bursts at your home, we recommend that you immediately turn off your main water valve. This valve is typically located on a water pipe that comes out of the ground and into the side of your house, frequently located below a hose bib. If you are unable to locate this valve or turn it off, contact TUD and we will assist you.

If you see conditions such as an open or damaged fire hydrant, water seeping up from underground or other signs that an underground water line may be broken, please report it to TUD immediately.