Employment at TUD
Thank you for your interest in working for Tuolumne Utilities District. The District is committed to employing and retaining a high quality, motivated workforce dedicated to delivering high-quality services to the community. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, insist on a safe workplace, provide opportunities for training and advancement and utilize sound management practices and policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The District will afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants as to all terms and conditions of employment, including compensation, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, and termination. The District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other characteristic protected by state and federal law. We are committed to promoting an equal opportunity work environment within all levels of our workforce.
If you would like to join our team please check our website often for any open positions. Please Note: Employment offers are made contingent upon satisfactory completion of a comprehensive pre-employment process which may include drug testing, background investigation, reference checks and job related post offer physical exam.
How to Apply
Download the employment application below or pick one up at the District main office at 18885 Nugget Blvd., Sonora, CA 95370. Resumes and/or cover letters are encouraged, but will NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed application form. Applications and resumes may be turned in to the main office, mailed or emailed to email@example.com by the closing date.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator, Grade 3:
Under general supervision of the Wastewater Superintendent, operates and maintains the District’s wastewater treatment and pumping facilities; regulates influent and effluent flows within the system; performs sample collection and laboratory testing; monitors equipment and gauges and makes required adjustment to assure proper functioning of facilities; and performs other related work as required.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Valid Grade III Wastewater Plant Operator’s Certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board. Grade II applicants may be considered depending on experience, but must obtain Grade III within 18 months of hire.
- Valid Class B California driver’s license or obtain within 18 months of hire, have a satisfactory driving record, and be insurable by the District to operate District vehicles.
- Four years’ experience in the operation of wastewater treatment plants and related facilities. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office products, including Excel. Will require working with other computer programs and electronic reporting sites. The ideal candidate is well organized, mechanically inclined, familiar with state regulations, monitoring and reporting requirements for wastewater operations and can demonstrate leadership qualities.
Pay Range: $27.88 - $33.90/hr
Closing date: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 by 4pm.
Completed applications and resumes may be turned in to the main office at 18885 Nugget Blvd., Sonora, CA 95370, mailed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date listed above.
Choosing A Career in Water
Choosing a career in water can be among the most fulfilling and rewarding ways to make a living. Most positions at TUD require a Water Distribution and or Water Treatment Certification issued by the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB). For more information regarding getting certified in water or wastewater, click here.
About Tuolumne County
Tuolumne County, in the Central Sierra Nevada with its diverse terrain, is the setting for Yosemite National Park, Stanislaus National Forest, Columbia and Railtown 1897 State Historic Parks, and a wide selection of Gold Rush towns like Jamestown, Groveland, and Sonora; the resort community of Twain Harte; and the lumber town of Tuolumne City... all providing a wide array of recreational activities. History is the backbone of Tuolumne County. Gold rush towns, lumber towns, vintage steam engines, 1800's architecture, historic hotels and B&B's all linked together via historic Highway 49 and 108. For more information about Tuolumne County, please visit these informative links:
TUD is committed to employing and retaining a high quality, motivated workforce. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, insist on a safe workplace, provide opportunities for training and advancement and utilize sound management practices and policies.
All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
TUD Employment Documents
- Job Application Form: PDF DOC
- TUD Employee Benefits
- TUD Salary Schedule - FY 2016
- Job Descriptions: Job Description Listings
- MOU. The memorandum of Understanding ("MOU") applies to most full-time regular employees of the District. The purpose of the MOU is to confirm the terms and conditions of employment for employees covered by the MOU. Memorandum of Understanding - July 1 2014 to June 30 2017
- AB-2040 Employee Compensation: Per AB 2040 (effective Jan. 1, 2015), you can find compensation information at the State Controller's Office public compensation online database: Public Pay Gov Website
Employment Agreements General Manager's Contract (dated September 2015)
TUD Office Hours: 7am to 4pm (Monday thru Friday) Closed on Major HolidaysOffice Location: Click Here For Map 18885 Nugget Blvd, off of Tuolumne Road Sonora, CA 95370 Phone: 209-532-5536 Fax: 209-536-6485 Human Resources email: email@example.com
TUD provides water and wastewater services for Tuolumne County in the beautiful central Sierra foothills. Our competitive pay scale, outstanding benefits package and excellent team of employees makes us a great place to work.